A young person must suddenly cope with a situation where their mother can no longer see a way to go on with her life. Our protagonist starts writing down things that are worth living for, hoping it might help their mother feel better:
1. Ice cream.
2. Water fights.
3. Being allowed to stay up past bedtime and watch TV.
4. The colour yellow.
5. Things with stripes.
7. When people fall.
This begins a list of every brilliant thing, which keeps getting longer and more detailed throughout the protagonist’s life, until it gradually turns into something they can themself hold on to in difficult times. It is a story of growing up and accepting life’s twists and turns. And how even in the deepest of darkness there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Director Tanel Jonas:
Duncan Macmillan’s plays have always captivated me. With this text as well, I felt drawn to it from early on. It might even be the play that characterises his work the best: talking about life, this great and complex sequence of systems, this indescribable magnificent mess, through small and simple things. But without being simplistic or shallow. To find joy in the little things – this is a message we hear all around these days, from gurus to self-help books. But how easy is it? Or is it at all possible?
- Tuesday 13.Jun 19:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Väike saal Sold out
- Wednesday 14.Jun 19:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Väike saal Sold out
- Thursday 15.Jun 19:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Väike saal Sold out
- Sunday 17.Sep 15:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ferdinandi saal Buy
- Tuesday 19.Sep 19:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ferdinandi saal Buy
- Wednesday 20.Sep 11:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ferdinandi saal Buy
- Wednesday 20.Sep 19:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ferdinandi saal Buy
- Thursday 21.Sep 11:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ferdinandi saal Buy
- Wednesday 11.Oct 11:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Väike saal Buy
- Thursday 12.Oct 11:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Väike saal Buy
- The Orange Girl A mysterious letter of love and eternity. For ages 12+ 95 min | Small Hall
- Why We Took the Car On the left is the clutch – you release it very slowly and then accelerate! For ages 14+. Premiering on February 27th, 2021. Small Hall
- YLT Production by Renate Keerd for youth and adults. Premiering in February 2021. Ferdinand Hall